Go ahead. Ask us anything.
You’re bound to have questions as you consider orthodontic treatment. We’re here to help. Here are some of the more common questions we get from our patients. Of course, if you don’t see yours listed here, please call us at 1-888-333-3757 or send us a note.
- More attractive smile
- Improved self-esteem during critical development years
- Better functioning teeth
- Possible increased self-confidence
- Increased ability to clean the teeth
- Improved force distribution and wear patterns of the teeth
- Better long-term health of teeth and gums
- Guide permanent teeth into more favorable positions
- Reduce the risk of injury to protruded front teeth
- Help optimizing other dental treatment
- Upper front teeth protrude excessively over the lower teeth, or are bucked
- Upper front teeth cover the majority of the lower teeth when biting together (deep bite)
- Upper front teeth are behind or inside the lower front teeth (underbite)
- The upper and lower front teeth do not touch when biting together (open bite)
- Crowded or overlapped teeth
- The center of the upper and lower teeth do not line up
- Finger or thumb sucking habits that continue past six or seven years of age
- Difficulty chewing
- Teeth wearing unevenly or excessively
- The lower jaw shifts to one side or the other when biting together
- Spaces between the teeth
The ideal age, and the age recommended by The American Association of Orthodontists, is normally seven. If we detect problems, treatment can begin even earlier.
At this age, we can use a number of orthopedic appliances to help the jaw bones attain their correct width and length, provide enough room for the permanent teeth so they don’t come in on top of each other and interfere with tooth development.
We offer several payment plans to suit your budget, including no-down-payment and interest-free options. Learn more about fees and insurance here.
Phase II treatment is also called comprehensive treatment because it involves full braces when all permanent teeth have come in, usually between the ages of eleven and thirteen.
Still have questions?
Need help? Didn’t find what you were looking for? Please send us your questions and comments using the form on the contact page and we will get back to you with an answer.